How To Redeem Railway Points
Earlier we have written about How To Earn Railway Points, and Benefits of Shubh Yatra-The Scheme Of Frequent Travellers(SOFT). Now we are giving steps for redeeming Railway Points those are earn by the traveler through journey.
- Log onto www.irctc.co.in with your own login details (username and password)
- Choose the option to pay through Railway Points for your CONFIRMED 1st AC, AC II Tier, AC Chair Car or Executive Chair Car tickets at the payment gateway
- It is mandatory for you to be one of the passengers on the ticket to redeem your Railway Points.
Important Key note :
- You can start redeeming Railway Points once you have a minimum of 500 Railway Points in your account earned through transactions at www.irctc.co.in only
- You may redeem Railway Points in multiples of Re. 1
- Redemption can be made only against the total ticket fare, inclusive of IRCTC service charges. You cannot redeem Railway Points for individual fares
If you want to cancel your redeemed ticket, you can. Following are the information regarding the cancellation of redeemed railway ticket.
Information Regarding Cancellation of a Redeemed Ticket :
- If you cancel a redeemed ticket before the date of journey, you forfeit 50% of the Railway Points, over and above the existing cancellation charges as per the Indian Railway Commercial Rule. Remaining Railway Points will be credited back to your account
- On cancellation of redeemed tickets, only Railway Points would be credited back and not cash
- You can cancel a redeemed i-ticket only at physical counters (PRS).
- If you are holding an e-ticket, you can cancel it online at www.irctc.co.in