How To Earn Railway Points
Shubh Yatra - The Scheme Of Frequent Travellers (SOFT):
If you are a frequent user of Indian Railway then you can get a benefit from Indian Railway that is Railway Points. Now You can get up to 10 % of your AC ticket fare as Railway Points. You get this Railway Points in 1st Class AC, 2nd Class AC, Executive Chair Car and AC Chair Car travel only depends on journey date. You have to collect minimum 500 Railway Points, once you have a minimum of 500 Railway Points, you can redeem them for FREE Railway Tickets at www.irctc.co.in.
- Shubh Yatra Programme benefits can only be availed on railway tickets booked at www.irctc.co.in.
- Railway Points can only be earned on 1st Class AC, 2nd Class AC, Executive Chair Car and AC Chair Car travel only.
Please note that Railway Points cannot be earned on AC III Tier tickets.
- Railway Points are only awarded for full-fare tickets and are not awarded on concessional tickets or transactions involving vouchers.
- You must be one of the passengers on the ticket to earn Railway Points. Also, Railway Points will be awarded only on your individual fare.
- Railway Points shall accrue to your account 5 days after the date of your journey, provided your ticket has not been cancelled.
- First Year Membership Fee – Rs.500; Annual Renewal Fee – Rs.300 (taxes & transaction charges extra, as applicable).
How To Earn The Railway Points :
From the following given Points Chart, It is very easy to calculate the Railway Points and it depends on the journey date so you can take benefits of Shubh-Yatra.
|Express Rewards||Super-Fast Rewards|
|4 Railway Points for every Rs. 100 spent||10 Railway Points for every Rs. 100 spent|
|(Valid on tickets with Date of Travel between April 1 – July 14 and September 16 – January 14)||(Valid on tickets with Date of Travel between January 15 – March 31 and July 15 – September 15|
Important Notes :
- Railway Points will always be rounded off to the lower integer.
- While redeeming the Railway Points for FREE Railway tickets, each Railway Point will be equivalent to Re. 1/- of your ticket fare.
- Railway Points will be valid for a period of 3 years from the date of member’s registration.
So now if you are in planing for going to spare vacation on hill station or you are a frequent train user then don’t miss the taking Shubh-Yatra benefits from Indian Railways.