Anna University TANCA (Tamil Nadu Common Admission Test) 2012 Notification | TANCA 2012 Notification | Anna University M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Degree Programmes via TANCA 2012
Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA) 2012 is administered by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
Applications are invited for Admissions in Tamil nadu for the seats surrendered for admission through single window (TANCA 2012) counselling in following branches M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Degree Programmes offered in the University Departments / University Colleges, Government, Government Aided Engineering Colleges, and Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
You can get the list of colleges under the counselling limit of tanca from the official website of Anna university which is as follow : www.annauniv.edu/tanca2012.
Application Form (for admission in M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Degree Programmes via TANCA):
Candidates should submit separate application for each category as given below.
1. GATE Category
a. GATE (Engineering / Technology) category: Candidates who have a valid GATE 2012 score with qualifying marks for assistantship in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology.
b. GATE (Engineering Science (XE) / Life Science (XL) category: Candidates who have a valid GATE 2012 score with qualifying marks for assistantship in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers. Candidates should have also appeared for TANCET 2012 conducted by Anna University.
2. Non-GATE category: (TANCET 2012 score only) Candidates who have appeared for TANCET 2012.
3. Sponsored category: (with TANCET 2012 score) Admission only for University Departments of Anna University, Chennai-25.
Eligibility (for admission in M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Degree Programmes via TANCA) :
Candidates who have passed all the subjects in the recognised Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and obtained atleast 50 % ( 45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examination.
- i. with TANCET 2012 score (or)
- ii. with valid GATE 2012 score with qualifying marks prescribed for assistantship in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology (or)
- iii. with valid GATE 2012 score with qualifying marks prescribed for assistantship in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers along with TANCET 2012 score shall be considered for admission to M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. degree programmes.
The details of eligibility criteria for admission to M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan. degree programmes are available in the ‘Information and Instructions to Candidates Booklet and also in Anna University website.
Seats are reserved for Differently disabled candidates as per the Government norms under GATE / NON-GATE categories.
You can get Application forms via different modes specified below :
IN PERSON: Application form can be obtained IN PERSON by Cash / Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- for General (` 250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu on production of a copy of Permanent Community Certificate card) towards registration fee at the following Institutions:
- 1. Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai,
- 2. University Departments of Anna University of Technology Tiruchirappalli, BIT Campus,
- 3. Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore,
- 4. Muthiaya Polytechnic, Chidambaram,
- 5. PSNA College of Engineering & Technology, Dindigul,
- 6. Institute of Road and Transport Technology, Erode,
- 7. Alagappa College of Engg. & Technology, Karaikudi,
- 8. Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai,
- 9. Govt. Polytechnic College, Nagercoil,
- 10. Govt. College of Engg., Salem,
- 11. Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women, Thanjavur,
- 12. Govt. College of Engg., Tirunelveli,
- 13. Thanthai Periyar Govt. Institute of Technology, Vellore,
- 14. University College of Engineering, Villupuram,
- 15. Kamaraj College of Engg., Virudhunagar.
BY POST: Application form can also be obtained by post by sending a Demand Draft for ` 600/- for general (` 350/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu by enclosing a copy of Permanent Community Certificate card), (includes postal charges) along with a requisition letter and an address slip written in capital letters from the Secretary, TANCA, Anna university, Chennai – 600 025.
You can also register yourself online using internet :
The candidates can also register through internet by logging on to www.annauniv.edu/tanca2012. The procedure for registration is available in the website.
Counselling calls will be made by anna university officials directly by calling the candidates on phone.
- i. Commencement of issue of application form 16.07.2012
- ii. Last date for issue of application form 27.07.2012
- iii. Last date for submission of filled-in application 30.07.2012
The filled-in application should reach ‘The Secretary, TANCA, Anna University, Chennai 600 025’ on or before 30.07.2012 by 5.30 p.m. Applications received after the due date and time will not be considered at any cost.
Still if you got any enquiry related to anna university then you can contact on below telephone number for more details related to above advertisement made by anna university officials :
Telephone Nos. 044 – 2235 8265, 2235 8266, 2235 8267.
Anna University TANCA (Tamil Nadu Common Admission Test) 2012 Notification :
For more information regarding TANCA 2012 visit Anna University official website.